Easy Chirp 2
Web accessibility for the Twitter website application
Refer to the development tasks further down this page for items currently in progress. Learn more about Easy Chirp on the About and Features pages. You may also read an extensive list of user feedback and blogs/articles about this application.
Donate to Easy Chirp
Follow me on Twitter at: @EasyChirp.
Article & Blog Mentions
- Easy Chirp returns with new sporty features and more power under the hood (Accessible Insights Blog)
- Easy Chirp: web-accessible alternative interface for Twitter [in Czech] (Blindly)
- Easy Chirp 2 soft beta launched! (Web Axe)
View more on the Articles & Feedback page.
What People Are Tweeting
Tweets about Easy Chirp are archived via Easy Chirp's Twitter favorites.
- Tweet an image with a caption and long description.
- A built-in shorten URL tool with choice of service.
- Search, user search, and saved searches.
- View, subscribe, and create Twitter Lists.
- Fully keyboard accessible.
- Inline threading of tweets; displays reply "conversation".
- In addition to old and new desktop browsers, I work on virtually any user-agent (even Lynx, a text-only browser), with screen readers and Braille displays, and tablets and mobile devices.
- Recipient of the 2014 FCC Chairman's Award for Advancement in Accessibility.
- Recipient of the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) 2011 Access Award.
- Recipient of the 2009 Access IT @web2.0 Award.
Read more about Easy Chirp's awards on the About page.
- Direct Messages functionality broken; only displays text message; due to Twitter completely changing the DM API.
- Periodically user unable to change Twitter accounts even after logging out on Easy Chirp and on Twitter.
- Pagination missing list subscriber/member pages.
- User details page is blank page when user account is private.