Easy Chirp is no longer maintained.
- Tweet an image with a caption and long description.
- Alternative text for an image is rendered for screen reader users and also can be displayed for sighted users (when alternative text is provided by the Twitter API).
- All links and functionality is keyboard accessible.
- Simple, consistent layout and navigation is provided.
- Headings and page titles are implemented carefully for optimal accessibility.
- Ajax actions are concluded with an alert (JS or ARIA) that notifies the user of the result of the action.
- Large default text size and high color contrast.
- Text may be resized many levels without breaking layout.
- Access keys (native keyboard shortcuts) to main menu items.
- Forms and data tables are marked up for optimal accessibility.
- Code is semantic, light, and adheres to best practices for Web Standards.
- ARIA is implemented throughout including document landmark roles, alert roles, and live region for the dynamic character counter.
- A "skip to main content" link is provided for keyboard users (and a "skip to sign in" link on the home page).
- Works with all types of assistive technology including screen readers, screen enlargers, braille-output, text-only browsers, and pretty much any web-enabled device.
- Political filter removes tweets with "Trump" and a few other related terms. Toggle from footer.
- When writing a tweet, a character counter and a Shorten URL feature (choose bit.ly or weba.im) are available.
- In addition to the basic retweet, quote tweet, and reply, user can reply to all and email tweet.
- View, subscribe, and create Twitter Lists.
- Search tweets and users (and search tips).
- Add, delete, and run saved searches.
- Edit basic profile settings including updating avatar.
- Easily jump to user's profile and timeline.
- Inline threading of tweets; displays reply "conversation".
- Tweets contain linked hash tags and usernames.
- Easy to review a tweet when replying and quoting.
- View details of who you're following and your followers.
- Blocking is supported.
- Number of retweets are displayed on each tweet (if 1 or more).
- View Retweets by you, of you, and to you.
- Quickly find out if a user is following you from the user's profile page.
- View current Twitter Trends.
- A link to Twitter is provided for 'View Single Tweet' page and for owned and subscribed lists.
- Designed for all screen resolutions, great for desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Works on all major browsers: IE9+, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Chrome.